Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Temporary Dislike

(Warning: People who don't watch football shouldn't read)

So now the fact that Man Utd is out off the FA Cup has really sunk in and more than anything, its just so frustrating. I mean when they won the treble way back, everyone was like, I doubt they'll get a chance to do that again. And now, the opportunity presents itselfs on a golden platter. In fact it was delivered right to Fergusons bloody door and what does he do? He just throws it away. Talk about a big let down. Firstly, he fields a team of kids against a club like Everton, in the Semi Finals. I mean if you want to show the power of the youth go ahead, I think they are amazing , just not in a game of that calibre. If he played the young players throughout the FA Cup matches(like the Carling Cup), then i can understand but no, this was out of nowhere. And what about the fans, the ones who paid 100's of dollars to get to Wembley, when you spend hard earned money on a Man Utd Everton Semi Final match, you expect something great but this was just such a letdown. So dissappointing. And its not like the Champions League is a sure win or anything. I think everysingle fan was hoping for a quintuple victory this season. And you know what, its not even a treble without the FA. For one of the best managers in the world, this was a stupid decision. The stupidest I've seen him make. And its so frustating cause an opportunity like this would probably never present itself again. Had I been there, I would have kicked him. Maybe a flick too. So now, I hope Everton go on to win the FA Cup. I mean, first they kicked Liverpool out, then Man u, then to beat Chelsea would just make their season. Another thing, the week before the match, Ferguson released a statement saying he would not underestimate Everton. He says something like that then he fields an utterly inexperienced team? Thats down right disrespect. Well done Fergie, I still love you but I temporarily dislike you.