Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm not Dynamite

I'm damn happy la, I can read Scar Tissue tmr. I've been wanting to read that book since I saw it in Borders.
School is coming along very nice so far. I've been going everyday cause I like it. Lasalle interview the day before I leave for Thailand. Sucks la. I'm damn confused now cause if I get into Lasalle and I hate it there,I would have left a school I like to go to a school I hate. So I'm hoping that if I get in, it doesn't suck cause I really like poly and it would just be a waste. The people in my class are also really nice. Well most of them are.

The real problem now is that everytime I look at my portfolio, I hate it more and more. At first I thought it was really nice but now I think its amatuerish and ugly. I'm supposed to add one black and white piece if I like but half my portfolio is black and white. And apparantly the ones who get in are the type who do digital art(never done it before) and those who draw portraits and figures and the ones who paint. Not really my specialty. So mine is going to be like insanely different. Different is not always good. And the more I draw, the more I get the feeling that I have no natural ability and I think my creativity is the size of a 5cent coin. I really like art but I'm uninspired,lazy and fickle plus there is my recent discovery of no natural ability. Then my colour combination is probably the worst there is. And then there is the problem of me having a limited style and being unable to make any other style look remotely decent(you should see my attempted paintings). Not to mention my inability to make faces look nice and bodies too. I also don't have that gift that some people have. The ability to make their pieces look 3D. Then I don't Iknow if I wanna spend day and night working doing art(if I get in la) cause what if I start hating it. Like how I start hating people when I see them too much. This is all Poly's fault. I wish I hated poly then I would be more excited about my interview. Maybe I wouldn't be second guessing so much. Who knows.